Combo 1300 starting habit

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Nobby Norton, Jul 28, 2024.

1. Nobby Norton

Nobby Norton

Hello everyone, thank you for accepoting me into the Vauxhall family. I have a Combo 1300 diesel van on a 65 plate, which has done about 70k miles. I've only recently bought it and in general it's in excellent condition and came with a full service sheet, wherein all fluids had been changed, discs and pads etc. On start up - irrespective of engine temperature - unless I put my foot on the accelerator as it fires, it can sometimes start on what I call limp mode - but that might be limp mode in the true sense of the term - it ticks over at about 800 rpm and the accelerator pedal has no effect on it. Switch off and restart with the throttle blip and there's no problem other than occasionally a hunting until driven away. It never misses a beat when its running, just this odd starting gliche. The diagnositcs show no fault anywhere and, naturally, when I took it to my local garage it behaved perfectly.
    Theyre going to fit a new EGR and clean out the pipes but admit it might not make any difference! Anyone else experienced this and what was the problem/cure?
    Thank you in anticipation.
    Nobby

Nobby Norton, Jul 28, 2024
Ask a Question