2010 Meriva B 1.4 EXCLUSIV petrol CD400 radio not tuning

Discussion in 'Meriva' started by RHyatt, Aug 31, 2024.

1. RHyatt

RHyatt

hello all,
    brand new to this forum as just bought above car , so hope I have done the right process in opening this question.

the radio scrolls and scrolls searching for stations , but does not actually stop and give out music
    I can press the AS1 and that seems to generate a list of station , but again , no sound
    CD plays fine
    aux works fine
    just the searching for stations - I can press the single or double right > or left >> to tune , but again doesn't find anything and stop
    I dropped the roof liner at the rear and the aerial is plugged in and pulled the radio facia out and removed the radio box itself to check the radio aerial lead is in - yes
    but the aerial lead is SO thin so I'm not surprised it doesn't find any sound !!
    I even tried a coat hanger in the aerial mast screw hole to see if the mast is broken , but no change
    is there anywhere else I can look please or is it a dead radio box - is there an amplifier in series with the lead please? I wondered if the aerial base is a booster inside it ?
    is there a fix for this please?

ALSO

been trying to pair the phone , but cannot find any bluetooth options in the CONFIG menu and when I press the RADIO button , all it says is MUTE/UNMUTE - any suggestions please?

thank you for any help provided

RHyatt, Aug 31, 2024
Ask a Question